Thursday, March 09, 2006

THE GRAVEL ROAD TO MARCH MADNESS

Since we have not had any senior staff profiled from the southern part of our region I thought we would go deep into the heart of - South America. George Phillips, who has served with the Omaha Catalytic team, now leads the team in Santiago,Chile and is our featured senior leader of the week. Below is George with his Dad and Mom just before boarding his flight to South America.

About faith risks: I am not sure faith is really risky, it feels that way to people who are used to depending on themselves. When God gives a person faith for some purpose, He is faithful to complete that work.
George Phillips
Santiago, Chile


You can click on George's picture at the right to get more details and dirt on the man behind the mission. Speaking of dirt, here is the official gravel road for March Madness. Since February's road was such a challenge and almost drove Joe Cross crazy, I will give you this hint:




It is not located in Alaska
or
Hawaii.

Two down forty eight to go...




Bruce Henderson had a great suggestion that we have a discussion forum linked to the Gravel Road where those interested could read the same book and weigh in their views and questions. Our featured book of the month will be an excellent one to launch this practice as we talk about the future of local and global Christianity and how it will affect Campus Crusade for Christ.


The Next Christendom:
The Coming of Global Christianity
by Philip Jenkins

will intrigue and challenge all post-modern ministering, simple church planting, external focusing, organic church starting, incarnational ministry serving, missional minded thinking, global kingdom crusading, movements everywhere making kind-of-staff.



(Please enter any current buzz words I neglected in the comments section so I can be as relevant and authentic as possible.)

Great idea Bruce! We will call these forums the GPI side roads. If you want to be a part of The Next Christendom forum e-mail me and go to the link below to buy the book off Amazon (starting at $10). Or be the first person to identify the gravel road and get it free from me. Read the intro and first chapter to get started and later this week I will post a link on this Gravel Road Blog site to connect us to the discussion forum.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0195168917/ref=sib_dp_pt/104-8585559-9497547#reader-link

Have a faith filled week
-Bert

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm starting off with Illinois.

Steve Van Diest said...

I am reading the next christendum right now. Loving it. Would love to talk

Anonymous said...

Are those sunflowers a tipoff that it's Kansas?

Anonymous said...

Cancel that! Kansas is too easy...I'm going with NEBRASKA!