Stephanie Shalosky was destined for the Great Commission. She was born in 1980 just a short commute from Arrowhead Springs which at that time was the world headquarters for CCC. As a young girl she developped a passion for sports- especially volleyball. After moving to the metropolis of Calhan, Colorado, she was led to Christ by a friend and her first Bible study was lead by some good looking teenage guy. (Personally, I find a guy leading a girls' high school Bible study a form of spiritual stalking but that is just an opinion.) Then came the college years where she got involved with Campus Crusade, became the smallest volleyball player in the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference towering at 5 foot 4 inches, and married her old Bible Study leader and high school sweetheart Aaron.Stephanie and Aaron joined staff in 2004 and have been on the Colorado Springs Catalytic team the past three years where Steph continues to coach the UCCS volleyball team. One of her more fruitful memories came on her first summer project on staff: "I was in Serbia and felt completely over my head and incapable. God really showed me the power I have inside by tapping into and being filled with His Spirit. I felt renewed, refreshed, and empowered to minister to the girls in my group."
Stephanie and her first discipler/stalker Aaron are pictured below. I believe this was taken in front of the fountain in their back yard- a wedding gift from the regional office. That's why the spitting marble head resembles John Lamb.

God so perfectly teaches us in love and gives us grace when we fail. This is something I desire to do in ministry. I want to strive to be like the Lord in giving perfect truth and perfect grace to those around me.
Stephanie Shalosky
Colorado Springs Catalytic Team
After returning from a spring break project in Serbia this past week Steph was reminded of the blessing it is to be in the Crusade family. "One thing I’ve been thinking about this past week is how amazing Campus Crusade staff are. I really love this job and love the people I work with. It’s been such a fun adventure and has given me community and support beyond any of my expectations." Among those people of influence in her life Steph includes her Bible Study leader Aaron, Jessica Wood ("the friend that led me to Christ"), Jay and Dana Cline, Cathy Thompson, Carrie Knoles, Chad and Tracy Thieman, Tre and Deb Pinyerd.
For more digs, sets, and spikes on Stephanie check out her profile.
With spring breaks abounding the gravel road was detoured last week and will be short this week. But I did want to close with our March contest winner:

Congratulations to Peter Lively for correctly identifying the gravel road of the month. He nailed it with his first guess -- it was from Virginia -- and he is already enjoying the book of the month Unstoppable Force by Erwin Raphael McManus.-Until next week
Bert

No comments:
Post a Comment