Brett Hullah has something in common with President Obama that very few Americans can lay claim to. They are both spiritually minded community focused young leaders - but lots of people can say that. Brett however, has a history of paperwork problems not unlike our president. "An interesting fact about me is that although I was born in the US, my birth certificate was not properly processed when I was born and the majority of my life I have not had an official birth certificate.
It wasn’t until I turned 27 that I was able to finally get a birth certificate and passport, just in time for a vision trip to Russia." Brett may want to get his citizenship peeps in touch with the White House- the Prez has had to wait 20 years longer and will be taking lots of vision trips over the next few years.Brett was born (allegedly) in Joplin, Missouri on October 27, 1980. His family moved a couple of times and most of his childhood was spent in Springfield, Missouri and Beloit, Wisconsin. Like many in the midwest his spiritual life started before he got to college. "My sophomore year of high school a good friend invited me on a rafting trip with his youth group. During that weekend I made a commitment to give my whole life to Christ." Nothing like seeing your life flash before you as you hit your first rapids to expose your afterlife deficiencies.

When it was time for college, Brett kept it local going to school at Missouri State University, the pride of Springfield. The great outdoors has always been a passion for Brett. "My strengths are: Context, Harmony, Maximizer, Adaptability, and Arranger. According to the Birkman I have a need for the Outdoors and to do Social Service." So he got his BS in Recreation with a Minor in Business, graduating in 2004. When not studying or hiking, Brett was connecting with the CRU ministry and had a changed life change his life. "One of my best ministry memories came while I was a college student and got to witness a good friend of mine become a Christian at DCC. Seeing the life change that occurred in him after made an impact on me."
Upon his college graduation in 2004 it was on to Staff and off to Denver, Colorado, a rec major's paradise. Brett has been a part of the Denver Metro team for 5 years now and completed his New Staff Training last spring.

Brett trains some of his disciples how to change the registration number of a bike they stole from the Metro campus. This is part of the extra training Chad Stewart provides for the D-team."The thing I enjoy most about being on staff is seeing students learn new things about God that strengthen their relationship with Him. The thing I least enjoy is not having the time to be in students’ lives as much as I was in college."
When asked to share a life ministry perspective God has taught him during his new staff training Brett referenced one of his reading assignments. "After reading Fireseeds of Spiritual Awakening the importance of prayer in a movement cannot be overlooked."Congrats Brett on persevering and praying your way through MPD, NST, and making it to the GPI Gravel Road. As our senior staffer of the week you have the freedom to take the weekend off for a bike ride in the mountains.

No comments:
Post a Comment